Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Story of my life...

These are the lyrics of the latest song of our band called "We don't exist". The song is called "Story of my life". Here it goes...

****************************************
I've the makings of a rockstar,
Except I'm no good with my damn guitar.
I've the makings of a sportstar,
Except I push my body just so far.

I've the makings of a writer,
Except I can't hold my train on for too long.
I've the makings of an actor,
Except my face and mind don't just go along.

I've the makings of a thinker,
Except on that front I don't hold much clout.
I've the makings of a singer,
Except I can't bring those words properly out.

I've the makings of a painter,
Except I can't get my colours right.
I've the makings of an astronaut,
Except I'm bound to the ground so tight.

I've the makings of a businessman,
Except I can't deal with the middleman.
I've the makings of a saint now,
Except I can't live for the little man.

I've the makings of a scientist,
Except I'm so twisted I can't think straight.
I've the makings of a hero,
Except I'm unwilling to carry the weight.

I've the makings of a leader,
Except I just don't want to break my shell.
I've the makings of an angel,
Except I'm too caught up in my private hell.


I have all the makings...
Except I'm stuck...in this muck...in the darkness...with just no luck...

{awesome guitar solo followed by the chorus}

We can all fly to the paradise and...
we can all hear them chimes,
we can all hear them bells...
We can be anything,
Except we're just ourselves...

We all have all the makings,
Except we're just ourselves...
Except we're just ourselves...
Except we're just ourselves.

****************************************

4 comments: